Java Developer – Kafka – Kubernetes – 6 Months – £550 (Inside IR35) – Hybrid (Livingston)
My client are looking for an Java Developer who is maybe looking to get into contracting and has around 3 years experience. They’re marekt leaders in the Media & Broadcasting industry.
Paying up to £550 (Inside IR35) depending on experience
- Work closely with the Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Technical Analysts, Continuous Integration Engineers, E2E Testers and Support team members to ensure that the solutions we build are implemented to the highest standards.
- Designing and implementing changes to existing software and ensuring that these support both new and established capabilities/functionality.
- Identifying unit and component test scenarios and verifying the software component(s) work as specified by business stakeholders.
- Analysing software problems and recommending solutions with minimal assistance.
- Work as part of an Agile team to implement project capabilities that provide business solutions; leading & coaching other team members on occasion.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of how we work by being a positive and engaged member of the team.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in REST, Java, J2EE and the Spring Framework. Experience in Apache Kafka using Camel for routing.
- A desire to drive technical improvements within the Team as well as bringing enhancements to our tools and processes.
- Ability to implement and drive coding standards along side performing peer code reviews.
- Familiar with service-based development and the associated technologies (application server and web server), including producing / working against services specifications.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide written & verbal updates tailored to your audience.
The interview process has begun, so if you believe you have the right experience then please get in touch ASAP!